Five Reasons to Love Flat-Weave Rugs
Never heard of a “flat-weave” rug? No worries! We’ll break down everything there is to love about them right here on the Norman Carpet One blog.
What makes flat-weave rugs different from other rugs is the absence of “pile,” which is the wool or fiber that’s attached to a rug’s backing. (Pile is where the “plush” quality of carpet comes from.) Without pile, flat-weave rugs are, as their name suggests, flat. Another difference is that flat-weave rugs are woven, rather than knotted, on the loom.
So, why do homeowners and commercial clients search far and wide for this type of flooring?
- Patterns and Colors Galore: Pizazz is what flat-weave rugs are known for! If it’s a crazy pattern or outlandish color scheme you’re seeking, a flat-weave rug is likely to catch your eye.
- Compatible with Nurseries and Playrooms: And not just because you can find patterns to delight your young ones. Flatter than the average rug, flat-weave rugs provide a softer surface than hard flooring, yet are perfect for sliding toys easily across. Not to mention the low pile means less dander and dust clinging to the carpet.
- Easy to Clean: Speaking of kids, any parent who’s ever watched a cup of juice spill across the carpet knows that being “mess friendly” is a must for family-oriented homes. Luckily, many flat-weave rugs are machine washable, and larger rugs can be hung outdoors and washed with water and soap. Permission to spill, granted.
- Dining Room Convenience: Flat-weave rugs aren’t just for rough-and-tumble homes. On the contrary, they come in some swanky patterns perfect for a dressy dining room, where chairs can slide more smoothly over the flat terrain. It’s coziness without the frustration of pulling a heavy chair across a thick rug.
- Affordability: Compared to other types of flooring, you won’t feel like you’re splurging when you invest in a fashion-forward flat-weave rug. These rugs are relatively affordable, especially at Norman Carpet One, where amazing values on top-quality rugs are our specialty.
Want to check out some flat-weave rugs in person? You’re in luck! Just this month, we snagged a batch of incredible wool/paper flat-weave rugs that are totally stunning. With a variety of sizes, colors, and patterns, this collection is sure to inspire you, especially if you’re in search of that certain something to make your interior design sing.
Come see for yourself! We’re right around the corner with two locations in Bryn Mawr and Conshohocken.