Greetings from Norman Carpet One! We couldn’t be happier to declare the winter season over and done with, making way for warm, flowery, sun-drenched spring! (Okay, we’re not there just yet, but each passing day brings us closer.)
If you’re like many homeowners, you probably start craving change in your home at this time of year. There’s just something about warming weather that makes us want to bring that freshness indoors. If you’re looking to refresh the look and feel of your home this spring, here are a few quick, simple ways to do just that, courtesy of the best flooring store in Montgomery County!
- Wash those windows. The sun goes down early during the winter months, so you may not have noticed that the grime on the windows was keeping out the sunshine. Now’s the time to throw back the drapes and give those windows and a good yearly cleaning — both inside and out. You’ll be shocked by how much brighter your rooms become.
- Switch out your photos and art. An easy way to make a room look completely different in a matter of minutes is to rotate your framed art and photos. Ideally, you should set aside darker, heavier pieces for winter and keep light pastels aside for spring and summer. A few quick art swaps can change the entire atmosphere of the room.
- Try some new scents. Spring isn’t just about warmth and light; it’s also rich with fragrances as flowers and trees leap into bloom! Set your home’s atmosphere afresh by infusing scent into your decor. Think candles, fresh cut flowers, and even diffusers. There’s no easier way to rejuvenate a room!
- Change light bulbs. Winter’s darkness may have inspired you to outfit your home with the brightest of the bright incandescent bulbs, but in spring, you’ll be letting more light in through the windows. That means it’s a great time to swap out those bright winter bulbs for a softer variety. Thinking of going energy efficient? Make the switch!
- Say goodbye to heavy bedding. Bring spring into your bedrooms by putting those heavy comforters into storage and opting for crisp linens in bright colors! A cheerful floral pattern takes the room from cozy to lively with minimal effort.
- Swap out your area rugs. One of the best things about area rugs is that you can easily move them around or switch them out entirely. Dark, solid tones were right for winter, but now’s the time for bright, playful colors and patterns. Can’t find the area rug you want in our excellent collection? We custom-fabricate area rugs.
Don’t forget — We also have outdoor carpet in our store, so if you’re looking to give your covered deck or patio a style upgrade, come explore our stock! You won’t be disappointed.
Thanks for keeping up with Norman Carpet One! We wish you a happy and fruitful start of spring!