Are you thinking of remodeling your bathroom? There are many decisions to make when undergoing this type of remodeling project – counter top, shower design, paint color, and flooring. Read on to find out how to choose the right bathroom flooring for your remodel.
Floor Types For Your Bathrooms
Norman Carpet One, the number one flooring store in Bryn Mawr, loves helping customers pick out new flooring – especially for their bathrooms. Bathrooms are versatile and can have a variety of flooring types, but it must be something that can withstand steam, water, and a lot of foot traffic. It should also be something that matches your lifestyle, design preference, and budget. And remember – what works for the kids’ bathroom won’t necessarily be what you want for the master bathroom or the guest bathroom.
Here are the best flooring options to choose from for your bathroom, according to the Bryn Mawr flooring store.
- Ceramic. This might be the most popular choice in bathroom floor. Benefits of this flooring type include non-absorption of bacteria or odors, water resistant, and easy to clean. Ceramic tile comes in a variety of colors, designs, and sizes. There are many installation pattern options, too! So whether you want to mix and match colors or sizes or add inlays, ceramic is a great choice! Remember that ceramic can tend to get slippery, so if you’re putting it in a bathroom that has a shower or tub, opt for a textured finish. Want to amp it up a notch? Install radiant in-floor heat for those chilly mornings!
- Porcelain. Looking for a more fashion-forward option? Go for the denser, less porous porcelain floor. With greater stain and water resistance, this is a great way to go for bathroom floors. The design possibilities with porcelain are truly endless. The two types of porcelain are thorough bodied and glazed.
- Stone. While typically on the more expensive side, natural stone flooring creates a luxurious bathroom for any homeowner. The durability of a stone floor cannot be beat. There are many types of stone tiles, including:
- With such variations, it’s best to visit your favorite Bryn Mawr flooring store to see all these options for yourself. (Note that stone tile may require the occasional resealing.)
- Vinyl. All the above options are beautiful, but they come with a high price tag. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly floor, consider vinyl. This comfortable, low-maintenance flooring option is water-resistant and antimicrobial. You won’t be limited in your vinyl options – there are plenty of colors, patterns, and designs to choose from, and you might even be able to install it yourself!
Call Your Bryn Mawr Flooring Store Today
Don’t decide your bathroom flooring on a whim – visit the top flooring store in Bryn Mawr to discuss your options with a professional. We’ll take the time to listen to your needs before we recommend a flooring type. We also offer a Shop at Home service, where we’ll bring samples right to your home.
So what are you waiting for? Contact Norman Carpet One for your new bathroom floor!